Wednesday 18 February 2009

Game, Set & Match!

Okay, so I just finished playing the first ever game of the Unofficial TF2 Card Game, woot!
I used the solitaire mode on Lackey, so I was playing against myself. Yay, I won! Although I lost too, which is a shame.

I used a deck that had an equal amount of each class, and the other cards reflected that. I did this so I could get a good idea of how each class functioned, but it ended up with me hardly ever having the right cards in my hand for the classes I had in play. Next time, I guess I'll split all the classes between the two decks.

Despite playing against myself, I did have fun. This is a good thing. I was terrified that the game would turn out to be incredibly boring. In the end, it lasted 1hr 13min. Again, this came as a nice surprise. One of my main concerns was that this was going to end up being one of those games that lasted for 3 or 4 hours.

It looks like this is going to be a regular thing. It's a good way of spotting holes in the rules. I found over a dozen card errata, and the deck was only made from the 80 or so cards that currently exist.

I will admit, it was a little tricky playing against myself. I found myself not doing things because I knew my 'opponent' could counter it. Unfortunately, this is the way it has to be for a while as I'm still working on the rules while playing. I'm hoping that within the next fortnight or so I'll be able to start inviting people to game with me.

5 comments:

Sheepshifter said...

Good to hear the game's moving on smoothly.

vijaysaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vijaysaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vijaysaw said...

Nice Post!Thanks for sharing your experience.

cards games

Aravind Singh said...

Interesting and important information. It is really beneficial for us. Thanks

poker online india